Welcome to the Dalai Lama Center’s Social and Emotional Learning: An Online Heart-Mind Course developed in partnership with the United Way of the Lower Mainland.
The course is composed of an introductory module followed by five modules focusing on each area of the Dalai Lama Center’s Heart-Mind Well-Being Framework: Secure and Calm; Compassionate and Kind; Gets Along with Others; Solves Problems Peacefully; and Alert and Engaged. (See more info about the modules below).
Each module is evidence-informed containing research, best practices, engaging activities and quizzes to support you in effectively promoting children’s well-being.
- Course registration is open.
- Course is open from May 3- July 31, 2023
- Modules 1-5 are released each Wednesday during May. Complete course by end of July.
- The course is self-paced.
- Aimed at adults who care for or work with children.
- Appropriate for individuals with varying levels of knowledge of SEL practices.
- Certificate of completion issued upon completion of course.
- Cost = $70 (+ tax) (group rates also available- for more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Composed of 5 modules based on each quality of the Heart-Mind Well-Being Framework.
- One module is released per week over a 5 week period.
- Takes approximately 5-10 hrs to complete.
- Contact email@example.com for more information and for group rate.